The Monaca United Methodist Church was organized in 1866. The Methodist movement was very active at that time, and Methodist churches were being organized all across the country.
Methodists from Monaca (then know as Phillipsburg), were worshipping at McGuire Chapel, located in what is now Center Township. The church was crowded, and Methodists travelling to McGuire Chapel from Monaca wanted to establish a place of worship closer to this area. Cottage prayer services were being held in several homes, and a Sunday School was soon organized, with Daniel Carey as the first Sunday School superintendent. Money was then raised to erect a church building, and the Monaca United Methodist Church was established.
The original wood structure was replaced by the present brick building in 1906. Various updates and renovations have been made through the years. The most recent was the addition of our multipurpose community center – The Carey Community Center.